søndag 14. april 2013

A real Scrap Quilt



My DD1 started about 5 years ago to cut some of her old jeans into log-cabin stripes. She had to use scissors in lack of other equipments and got a lot of fabric. She wanted a picnics blanket and started her log-cabin blocks, but discovered that she should have made her stripes wider. She lost interest and I got the box and it has stayed on my shelf for a couple of years. After reading  Hanne`s blog about charity blankets and with the link to this video on YouTube I tried this on these stripes. After km of thread I finished this picnic quilt with her stripes, log cabin blocks and squares. I supplied with some old curtains and other old fabric pieces so this is a true scrap quilt.
My daughter is looking forward to picnics this summer.
Sorry the pictures aren't top quality, but they give you an idea of the quilt.
                                                                       FRONT
                                                                        BACK
 
 
 

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar